With the advent of the internet launched on a global scale, almost everything we knew before has changed itself dramatically. So, it is never a matter of great surprise if the way we learn various skills like how to play the piano has also changed. Now, there are people who think that the traditional way of learning the piano is still the best while others are of the view that the blessings of the internet must be availed to the maximum. We have figured out both the advantages and the disadvantages of learning the piano online to make it easy for you to decide which way to choose. You may also learn the skill from the best piano app as well to save a lot of your precious time and energy. Here we go with our findings.
- One of the major favors the internet confers is the availability of thousands of searches regarding learning the piano online. The beginners, the mediocre, the professionals, and the researchers all have the privilege of learning the piano at their respective levels.
- Internet learning is totally free of cost unless you decide to buy some offline CDs and visuals offered by some websites.
- More than often, skilled freelance musicians make their websites and want to share their knowledge, facts, and ideals. They are quite willing to tell the secrets to learn piano the easiest way possible. So, you can benefit from the experience of so many talented pianists.
- In order to make it easy for the students to learn thoroughly, the online tutorials teach each and every rhythm and pattern quite elaborately. Both the beginners and the advanced learners get fully satisfied and have the advantage to rewind the step they could not decipher the first time.
- A number of online lessons let the learners read notes and chords at an advanced stage. Wide range recordings are also available for those who are unable to read music. Easy ways have been made available to practice and tackle even the hardest patterns just at the touch of your fingertips.
- If you are kind of slow, you can recap chords, grooves, and scales with the help of their glossaries.
- A wide array of songs are there on the internet to include in your list and you are also entitled to play choosing from jazz, rock, funk classic, metal, and many others.
- One of the biggest advantages of learning piano online is the freedom to choose whatever slot of time suits you the best. Your time is all yours, so you can play and learn the piano whenever feasible for you.
- Live is live; nothing can compare with a real thing. In spite of so many advantages of online learning, it does not incur pure satisfaction. Besides, it seems to be a lifeless form of learning.
- Whenever there hit different technical questions in your mind, you cannot get prompt answers because you are not face-to-face with your instructor. You may have to wait even for days and weeks for the technical procedure to get completed before you get the solution or answer to your question.
- When you are a part of online learning, there will be no one to notice your mistakes and correct them. It is always too hard to rectify your mistakes or fill your lacking without having a competent instructor right before you telling you what to do and how.
- The worst disadvantage of online learning is the lack of two-way communication. You can watch and hear your instructor, but can never get his/her direct interaction with you then and there. The way your offline teacher or trainer can tell you various aspects of piano learning as per your needs and requirements is never comparable to the stereotype online instructions common for all. Only your offline teacher or instructor can point out your mistakes, your real current status as a learner and your prospects to improve yourself by telling you which step is suitable for you to learn and how to do so within the shortest possible time. So, we can say that online learning to play the piano has many benefits that outweigh the disadvantages.